In order to be eligible for membership with the association, the applicant is supposed to satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to work legally in Canada.
- Foreign members or members awaiting approval and those located of Canada are not permitted to treat patients.
- Preferably have the following education hours:
- Type 1 3800- 4200 hours, including at least 600-1000 hours of supervised clinical practice and training.
- Type 2 – Have medical and/or holistic medicine experience (e.g. doctor, nurse, chiropractor, acupuncturist, RMT, naturopath, etc.) aside from the 1200-4000 completed hours.
- Successfully graduate from a legitimate Canadian college or school (or international equivalent) as determined by us
- Successfully complete 600-1000 classroom and clinical hours in their discipline (excluding Osteopath Manual Practitioners who require 2000 completed hours)
- Successfully complete our interview and testing process. This is a short evaluation of your theoretical knowledge, correct application, and ethics
- Have active and valid insurance coverage (individual or through employer) which covers workplace liability practice.
Please submit the following documents when applying for membership:
- Your completed registration form
- An original version of your diploma or certificate
- Transcripts of your completed courses and grades
- One passport-sized headshot photograph (if accepted, this photograph will be used for your certificate of membership
- Registration fee – for manual practitioners – $2,000.00
- Must attend New Member Workshop 3 hrs & pass exam.
Want to renew your membership?
Here is a list of our annual membership fees:
Manual practitioner: $700.00 CAD
Shiatsu Practitioner: $200.00 CAD
Human Relation Practitioner(HRP):$500.00CA
Bioresonance Practitioner: $500.00 CA
Colono Hydrotherapy Practitioner: $ 500CA
Please note that all admission fees (including the initial admission fee of $2,000.00 CAD) are not refundable to members who have been removed and banned from the Ontario Osteopathic and Alternative Medicine Association for fraud and other offences as determined by the Board of Directors. The initial admission fee of $2,000.00 CAD and admission criteria apply to members who are re-applying to the Ontario Osteopathic and Alternative Medicine Association after being inactive at the association and active at another association.
The Board of Directors reserves the right to remove and/or cancel membership for any member(s) providing false/incorrect information. Members who do not abide by/follow our Standards of Practice or implement any behaviour which will falsely or negatively represent the Ontario Osteopathic & Alternative Medicine Association may also be removed with/without notice.